DIRECT THE WINTER SHOW
Are you a GULC student with the dream to direct a play? Imagine having the space to bring it alive with scintillating lights, a bold set, and brilliant acting.
With the assistance of a dedicated production team, you will cast, design, and direct a play that will be cherished by four nights of adoring fans this coming February 15–18, 2017. Winter Show directors are not paid, but will receive a budget for all expenses connected with their production, and they can always count on the full support and assistance of Board of Directors and other members of GGSS.
How to Submit a Play
Send the following to by 11:59 Sunday, October 30th:
(1) The Title of the Play and the Playwright (can be an original play, a classic, or anything in between)
(2) A Concept Paper describing the play and your vision (no more than 3 pages double-spaced)
(3) Your Resume listing relevant experience (none is required!)
(4) Where the Show Selection Committee might obtain a copy of the play to peruse (i.e. is it something we could easily find in a public library, or is it more obscure?)
(5) Your availability for the weeks of October 1 - November 5 (in case we'd like to interview you) and November 29 - December 2 (auditions and first readthrough)
For a better chance at being selected, the play should have a relatively large but not enormous cast (10-15 is a reliable sweet-spot) with a relatively even balance of male and female roles. Technical elements can be interesting, but not Taymor's “Lion King.” For examples of previous winter shows, please visit http://www.ggssonline.org/past-shows.
Please note: we are only accepting submissions from current GULC students. Applicants need not already be members of GGSS!